Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]1 - Boston College: Handled Louisville 19-10. Still not sure they are better than UNC or MD.

2 - North Carolina: Convincing win over Northwestern 17-8. Deserving of Top 2 Ranking.

3 - Syracuse: Squeaked by Duke in come from behind win over Duke 18-16. Orange give up too many goals.

4 - Maryland: 19 - 4 over WM. Should move to the # 3 spot.

5 - Northwestern: Carolina too much for the Cats. Like everybody else in the top 10 not as good as BC,UNC and MD.

6 - Stony Brook: Squeaker over Florida 14 - 13. A win is a win, must beat Northwestern.

7 - Duke: Dropped close one to Syracuse. Obviously better than the Duke haters will admit...

8 - Michigan: Closer than expected over Central Michigan 17-13. Are they for real? Very Solid Team.

9 - Loyola: Solid win over PSU 18 - 9. Georgetown & Florida coming up...

10 - Princeton: Surprisingly close over Cornell 13 - 12. Surprising until I checked the Box Score, Cornell Goalie 18 saves kept it close.

Don't think we will see much movement in the Top 10.

Florida could switch with Denver.

Denver could move up one spot.

Virginia will drop a little.

Rutgers could move up.

Drexel will drop.

Vandy going to drop.

Richmond about the same.

No movement for USC.

Jacksonville same of jump a little.

Notre Dame will be Top 15.

Colorado, JMU, Hopkins, Temple and UConn all competitive and looking to move into the Top 20.

Anyone else?[/quote

So it is participation trophy time for Duke? Let's recognized them for blowing a 7 goal lead and being outscored 16-7 during that stretch? It is simple, win a game against a competitive opponent. Duke is the only team ranked in the top 10 without a top 20 win this season. They have a lot of talent, several All-Americans in my view. I think their weak schedule hurt them yesterday. First time all season they played a tough opponent and their starters had to work for 60 minutes. Get ready for more of the same, next two weeks are four more opponents not ranked in the top 20 with Pitt, Penn, Louisville and Davidson. It is still possible Duke goes through the season without a top 20 win.

It is still possible that they make the Final Four... Funny how the haters want to move the goal post... What happened to the smack down, what happened to the blow out? Very funny listening to the know nothings. Duke is in the same boat as 10 - 15 other teams, not as good as the top 3 but but better than all of the rest...

No goal posts moved from my points which have been consistent from day one and it hurt them this weekend as they were not prepared to go a full 60 minutes against a quality opponent. Play more competitive teams and do not have your studs run up stats against clearly inferior opponents.