Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Been through it all with 2 boys. 3rd one is up. Playing the summer season with their team is the best exposure to have in their recruiting year...Showcases are a waste of time and $. It draws only the kids that don't pass the ball and play the game the wrong way. Coached see this very clearly. How do I know? My middle boy was that kid in the 2021 class, and it almost ruined his chances. Switched gears and it worked out for him by playing with his own team. Do as you wish but I've been there twice

Very insightful. Thanks. I feel like showcases can get you noticed but FOGOS and Goalies benefit the most from them.

I had a completely different experience with showcases, My 2022 got recruited because of a individual showcase. The one thing I learned is that everyone has a different experience. No 2 paths are the same. All the showcases listed above are good if the schools you are targeting are at them. We identified 10 schools that fit our son academically, socially, and were good fits for Lax. Then he filled out the recruiting questionnaire on those schools websites. He then followed up with emails and film. Finally we hit 2 showcases that had most of the schools on his list. This worked for him, it may not work for everyone.