Originally Posted by Anonymous
ND and Stanford didn’t disappoint as usual. At least 4 more L for ND

Stanford looked pretty good, very competitive on the road against Syracuse. As for ND we have no Idea how good Michigan is so can't really tell much. Long season but ND was probably ranked too high to begin the season.

From the preseason top 5 poll, only one team got bounced, ND. Stony Brook somehow climbs two spots into the top 5 (#4), without even playing, that's a nice trick. Northwestern gets handled badly by BC and drops a little bit, below SBU, who would also get spanked by BC. Notre Dame was handled fairly easy this weekend, very surprised how uncompetitive they were in that game, but at least suffered the consequence in the poll. Mich boosted their stock up big, but ND may be suspect, ND stock definitely down. UNC not too much trouble with JMU, both teams stock about the same. Cuse struggled against a ranked Stan, but pulled it out at end and then ran away with another, stock even as is Stanford stock. Other than a big drop for ND and a big rise for Mich, the rest of the rankings reasonably steady. Mich jumped up 12 spots in the poll while ND only dropped 7 spots. That basically means seven teams lost poll spots from that one game and 12 teams were leap frogged. That one was a major upset and was the big shake up for this week. It will be interesting to see how both those teams fair the rest of the season. All other teams/games were not very telling, a few ranked teams pounding down some very poor competition, as expected. Teams expected to win, won, teams expected to lose, lost. The only team that looked like natty contenders so far was BC, but that only because they were playing a very competitive team out of the gate and getting it done easily.

You are assuming Northwestern will be very competitive.

I agree with you on Stony Brook, nice trick jumping two spots without playing a game but I think the bigger trick was being ranked 6th to begin with. I would really like to know the justification for that, seems to happen every year but they have never really done anything to justify it.