Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Problem with Juniors Open this year is that The Great 8 (or I guess the Great 10 now since 10 teams are playing this year for 2024) are on the same dates. It is also right before Showtime. If coaches want to see players at a team tourney, there is no better tourney than the Great 8. It was the most loaded tourney with coaches that my son played at last year.

With the top 10 teams in the country playing at Great 8, there is no need to go to Jrs.

We were at great 8 and in terms of coaches showing up and watching it doesn’t compare to juniors. Great 8 had multiple games at the same time so not all coaches watching one field and bc not all great players (yes all good teams) the depth is no. I will say great 8 was an excellent event but at no time were 70 so coaches watching one game. Also in terms of loaded tourneys Naptown was better attended. Lastly the NHSLS had more coaches as well. Was at all of the above events. Again, great 8 is a very good event but not elite yet.

So there are usually at least 4 coaches for every college team. They basically only send one to each event, sometimes two. So lets say Penn State. They can be at 4 different tournaments at once. The big post the dude just put up is really accurate. Just get to some and play and find your fit. Colleges will be at all of them.