Originally Posted by Anonymous
Preseason ILWomen - IWLCA Poll... Not much different than the other poll.

1 Boston College
2 North Carolina
3 Syracuse
4 Northwestern
5 Notre Dame
6 Stony Brook
7 Florida
8 Duke
9 Maryland
10 Loyola
11 Virginia
12 James Madison
13 Stanford
14 Denver
15 Princeton
16 Drexel
17 Rutgers
18 Jacksonville
19 Penn
20 Johns Hopkins
21 UConn
22 Temple
23 Michigan
24 UMass
25 Penn State

What teams not mentioned have a legit shot at being top 20 at the end of the season?

Dartmouth, USC, Colorado, Arizona State, Towson???

There are a lot of great early season OOC match ups should be fun to watch. Duke once again has weak OOC schedule.

Interested to see early season games.

Northwestern Vs BC
Maryland Vs UVA
Princeton Vs UVA
Syracuse Vs SBU
Florida Vs UNC
JMU Vs UNC

Good Luck to All

Stony Brook & JMU must win the majority of their non conference games or they risk missing the NCAA Tournament. Both play a tough non conference schedule so there is not a lot of wiggle room. This could be SBU’s toughest non conference schedule ever. Looks like 5-7 very tough games (UVA, Syracuse, Dartmouth, Florida, Northwestern, Hopkins, Princeton) as well as Hofstra, Brown and Arizona St which are all relatively competitive. If they lose to 5 of the first 7 named I don’t think they will make the tournament. As for JMU they have (UNC, VA tech, Penn State, Rutgers, UVA, Maryland) throw in UConn, Ohio State and Richmond which could be challenging for them. Again, if they lose to 5 of those teams who knows what will happen with the tournament. Keep in mind I’m talking about losing 5 games to top teams… if they lose 5 but knock off one or to of the powers i.e. UNC, Syracuse, Maryland, Northwestern, Princeton, UVA , Florida they should be fine.
It stinks for these teams to not have a chance to compete for a conference championship and automatic bid but it makes their non conference games more interesting and important.
Good Luck,

Stonybrook vs Virginia is just a scrimmage.

Still a challenging out of conference slate. If they do not win at least 2 of 4 vs Syracuse, Florida, Northwestern and Princeton They will have to win the rest of their games or they will be on the bubble unless Hopkins and Dartmouth are Top 20 at the end of the season and they have wins over them as well. I think for the first time Stony Brook has their work cut out for them because they will not get the AQ. I think if they go 0-4 vs SU, FL, NU and Princeton they will have a tough time getting an at large bid.

It does add more pressure with OOC games for both teams. JMU is already somewhat used to it since the CAA is more competitive than AE, and the AQ is not always a sure thing for them. I just hope SB and JMU are not held to a higher standard than ACC/Big Ten teams that also don’t have wins against UNC, NU and SU. Quality wins against other tournament teams - yes - but a top 5 or even top 10 win should not be necessary. For example, Maryland only has two top 10 teams on their schedule since they are not playing UNC and SU this year, and I’m not sure one of them (FL) will stay top 10. Duke will not beat the top ACC teams like usual yet still get in with a high seeding in spite of a really weak OOC schedule.