Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They aren’t elite because they don’t beat all star teams?

This. Is. Nonsense.

Correct, they aren't elite. They are really good regional teams with some elite players but they can't beat the traditional and growing number of national teams. There are some terriffic class teams outside of the area like 91 Machine and a couple others but those are few and far between.

The AAA, AA and other labeled teams just aren't very good. The parents of the best players are always seeking upward movement and teams. Almost any of the top elite division HoCo teams beat the older lower tier teams.

Look at Club Lacrosse Nationals. Except for 2026 (and I don't know how Stealth won but kudos), every division was won by a national all-star team.

So Alabama would probably lose to the senior bowl north squad.

By your logic they stink because they don’t beat all star teams.

I’d say that’s comparing apples to oranges but that’s So clearly obvious i don’t know how you cannot differentiate the two.[/quote]

Alabama and Ohio State are exactly like all star teams. Alabama had seven 5 stars in their recruiting class. Maryland is lucky to get a couple of 3 and 4 stars. It's also the reason why the Power 5 was formed so they could horde all the money and players. And if I took the best players from the Power 5 teams and formed another conference where those teams played against the SEC and Big 10, then yeah, there would be a new level of elite.

Teams like Madlax, Hawks and Next Level are really good regional teams. They don't stink at all and they have lots of good players and win lots of games but there is a next tier aspect.

The teams that are really dragging are the lower tier teams of HoCo. Your football analogy is pretty good. The FCS makes up about 7% of the NFL and probably 1% making a difference. When they, either in lacrosse or football, win a game against an elite team it is considered big news.