Originally Posted by Anonymous
wow. this debate has gotten off the rail. The initial question was why so many of the LILJ picks were YJ or FLG. Pretty simple answer is that those are the best 27 teams on the island.

Flg plays cupcake tournaments. Top Guns and YJ B play better comp and are on par with them.

We will see how Top Guns does this weekend.

Completely meaningless. Short-handed indoor games with goalie restarts don't predict how teams will do in real lacrosse games.

For example, last year Stars beat M&D.

It is somewhat meaningless. But you can still tell skill levels, speed and overall talent. What is meaningless is play calling and game planning.

Scores are meaningless for indoors, that's the point I think.

Some teams will have the goalie clear to midfield to try and score quick. Teams that are trying to get better will have their goalies move around or dump off to the side, forcing their defender to work on clearing it out.

My daughter played against Top Guns in the fall, they are solid. A few good scorers. I think they are improved from last year and I expect them to be in that 15-25 range at end of summer.

They better improve by a lot if they expect to be top 20. On a regular outdoor field, they frequently lost to top teams by 10-15