Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you ashamed to even talk about the club your son plays for?

Not at all. I have 3 kids. All on-age or playing up and having good experiences. 25 (on age- off the bench for 91 Fire), 28 (playing up for 27 Koopers) and 29 (playing up for 28 HLC).
Essentially Rec level. Congrats.

You think the #1 team in the nation and 2 AAA teams are “essentially rec level?”

I hope this is sarcasm.

If 2025 91 didn't have players born before 9/1 then they wouldn't be #1 and you couldn't brag about being on the #1 team.

Yes, I think teams below the elite level are essentially at the same level as rec teams from 10 years ago when there was rec in Maryland. The AAA teams from HoCo are almost indistinguishable from AA and A. Kooper's is a great example. They are 12-21 over the last year+. Hawks, Madlax and Next Level crush AAA teams and won't play them unless they have to but can't beat the truly elite teams like Mad Dog Elite, Nationals or West Coast Starz. Even a really good team in the elite division isn't really elite. I'm not sure any of those teams have beaten one of those all-star traveling teams in the last year.

I"m curious as to why the younger kids don't play for 91. I'm also curious as to what you think the age cut off date should be. Since you are from MD, do you think it should be 9/1 or do you think it should be 1/1 like all the Long Island parents think (unless those teams travel out of state and then they create new rosters with new team names)?