Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh yeah S2S has 2 and FLG-Blue Devils, so essentially 20 teams in this age group on the island which is a good amount.

We were just discussing this in MD, the 2027 age just doesn’t have as many B C teams nationally, one person pointed out the downturn in economy in 2007-2008, people actively held off having kids, so less born in fall 2008, 2009. Not sure I buy it but interesting thoughts none the less.

Quality seems as high as any year just not the total numbers

Where is this coming from?? Has someone done a census for the number of 2027 girls playing lax? I think we’ve already put to bed that there are probably way TOO many teams not the opposite

I posted the original comment. I was referred to rec not travel. My point is that fewer girls playing rec means fewer potential travel players.

I also think some changes in travel soccer where more top clubs are requiring girls to specialize is playing a role too.

Is playing soccer or Lacrosse going to help open doors for college? Maybe they should play field hockey ?

FH opps from LI are few and far between, unfortunately. LI is far behind other regions wheee FH is very strong. It’s a great sport that could open doors, but not really from here