Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh yeah S2S has 2 and FLG-Blue Devils, so essentially 20 teams in this age group on the island which is a good amount.

We were just discussing this in MD, the 2027 age just doesn’t have as many B C teams nationally, one person pointed out the downturn in economy in 2007-2008, people actively held off having kids, so less born in fall 2008, 2009. Not sure I buy it but interesting thoughts none the less.

Quality seems as high as any year just not the total numbers

Where is this coming from?? Has someone done a census for the number of 2027 girls playing lax? I think we’ve already put to bed that there are probably way TOO many teams not the opposite

I posted the original comment. I was referred to rec not travel. My point is that fewer girls playing rec means fewer potential travel players.

I also think some changes in travel soccer where more top clubs are requiring girls to specialize is playing a role too.

Is playing soccer or Lacrosse going to help open doors for college? Maybe they should play field hockey ?

Soccer? That’s an uphill battle, unless you are at elite level, you are competing against international kids.

In some ways, soccer is driving more girls to speciallize in lax earlier. The two top LI girls clubs -- East Meadow and SUSA (Smithtown) both require specialization starting I believe at age 13. As a result many girls who play both are picking one of the other in early middle school.