Originally Posted by Anonymous
MY daughter is in middle school and just starting to get some interest from some of the private HS in the area.

Not from the area, are there any HS teams on the incline or decline? Any issues non Lax related that make a certain school more or less appealing?

I would assume SPSG NDP McDonough appear to always be the cream of the crop?

Do you find some schools more than other help with financials, a few are really out of our wheel house from that respect.

Is it better to be the big fish in small pond? Do you even take depth charts into account or is that silly?
Really doesn’t matter what high school you go to, it’s all about club ball. That’s where the college coaches will see you play. Look to the academics of the private schools. How do they stack up against the others or the local public high school. Base your selection off that.
Good luck getting on a top club team late. They will have 21 of 25 girls returning and another 20 at tryouts. So usually < 4 spots available...

I'm guessing his daughter is already on a club team if she's getting interest from private HS coaches already.

There's no right answer. McD and NDP have been the only constants over the last 10 years. SPSG changed when MG got there and she was able to bring in so many good 2021s. Talk to the coaches and see how you like them. Have your daughter shadow and see which she likes best.

In terms of money, for the most part it's all need based unless your daughter can get a named scholarship. NDP/Maryvale give less but they cost less to begin with.