Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one repeats 8th grade because education is important. Either they flunked because nobody at home placed any value on education or sports is their #1 priority and education is secondary. Of course they'll claim the fact that they pay an extra $40K proves they "value" education.

Show me you're a stunad without telling me you are a stunad.

Spoken like an apologist to the holdback world, who wants to justify his reasoning ,..He is right when it comes to the majority of boys who want to play lacrosse. they hold them back for sports. There are a lot of students who are held back for education, most dont have anything to do with lacrosse.

And the bottom line is,,,do what you want with your child, but that gives you no right to play down against other children in youth sports. I bet you think that is ok too? LOL

Those that are held back for reasons other than sports are usually held back a much younger ages than 8th grade. Like all elitists', it's OK to be against something for others while feeling entitled to do what you want - when you are the greatest, why should the rules for those below you apply?

You don’t think the parents holding the kids back earlier than 8th grade have an agenda and know exactly what they are doing? I know “lacrosse families” who know when their kids are born they will be doing this at a younger age. In elementary school as to not make it look obvious. They know about the “real advantages” of that extra year or two younger. Makes confidence in the kid younger being the best early. Also, extra training year. Real Advantages!!!

I’ve heard people discuss this. I was shocked. But it definitely happens all the time!!! Rules need to be changed to make it fair for “on age” kids.