[/quote]I guess it’s a coincidence that MG dropped back to the 26s in what just happened to be next years incoming freshman?[/quote]

The bigger question is why do you care so much what she does? She is a great (GREAT!) coach. She is liked and respected by her players, the other students at her school, and her peers. She coached the No 1 HS girls lacrosse team in the country last year. How does which grade level club team she coaches matter?

She could volunteer to teach five year olds for free and some people on this platform would find fault. Get a life.[/quote]

The issue becomes when girls feel like there is an overt or implicit requirement to play for a certain club program in order to have a fair chance to make their HS team. That is where the conflict of interest arises.[/quote]

I don't disagree that there may be some level of expectation that an athlete play for a particular club team. I don't think it is a problem in the independent/private schools. Families and students have a choice as to where they go to school and for which club team they play. Go to a particular school? Expect to feel pressure to play for the club team that school's head coach is connected with.

It is a bigger problem in the public schools, where a student has no choice as to which HS she/he attends (or a very narrow choice).