Originally Posted by Anonymous
Club lax was built on parent and HS coaches doing the coaching. The college coaches usually are doing it for a few dollars and are not invested. This was such an ignorant comment.

What in the world are you talking about? I don’t know of one college coach who is also a head coach of a club team. Only see college players as assistant coaches during the summer. A HS coach should never be involved as a head coach/recruiting director/owner for any club team. Huge conflict of interest. Any reputable coach would cut ties with either the club or high school and not continue to be involved with both. There are several examples where coaches have done the right thing but unfortunately too many examples where they haven’t. The high school players who are not affiliated with the coach’s club are the ones who pay the price.

Yes!!! I see this happening in the IAAM now! The conference shouldn’t allow this to occur. A coach shouldn’t be able to use their influence in the IAAM/MIAA/varsity lacrosse roster and private school admissions to benefit financially in their club. Parents will have their kids play for a particular club for the sole purpose of gaining admission and a varsity roster spot at a certain high school.

No need to look any further then SPSG to see the hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? Share your facts on the hypocrisy of MG coaching the 2026 M&D team.

I guess it’s a coincidence that MG dropped back to the 26s in what just happened to be next years incoming freshman?

Of course not. Seems smart to me. Still wondering what the hypocrisy is. Doesn't it make sense for a HS coach to get a view of the best 8th graders?