Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t know how top guns is gonna do this season. They went 0-3 at the tourney today. They were playing pretty good teams though so it could be that

They didn't play a team within the top-14 based on this summer's rankings.

Prime Time is solid team, Monster is okay. I would put Top Guns around 25-35, they were 36th last season.

Of course, Fall Ball means equal playing time, kids missing for soccer, etc, so take scores with a grain of salt.

Prime Time gets YJ and Eagle stix this weekend. We will understand how good they are after this weekend.

They aren’t in that zip code. They would have their hands full with YJ B.

Shame no Maryland teams are playing. I think they have a tournament too. Hero's and M&D would have been a nice tournament with Eagle and YJ. Would have been fun to watch up here.......Good luck to everyone this weekend (especially our local teams)

YJ will get Heros and Aces at Live Love Lax. and Prime Time will get YJ B.

Prime Time parent here. Lost by 1 to YJ yesterday. Will fully admit YJ had 10 of the 12 best players on the field. Their skill sticks and athleticism were at a different level. That said, they had no real ideas on offense other than a few isolation plays. Don't know much about the program but it seems like at least one of the following was true. 1) the team never practices 2) there is no real coaching going on or 3) the players just reject the coaching and do as they please.

This surprised me because I also have a daughter at a higher age level and would never say this about older YJ teams.

Have to believe that if nothing improves they would be rolled by top Maryland teams against whom they don't have a big talent advantage.

I would freely admit if coaching were switched and they played to win they would probably win 14-1.