I know many of us have our differences on here but want to say that I am a die hard LI Lax fan and want to see every one of these girls on the island be successful in whatever sport or career path they choose so sharing a post that I came across on social media given NLI day on Nov. 10th.:

With the NLI Signing Day tomorrow, I thought this would be an appropriate reminder:

Letter from a Bruin:
(Samantha Duran)

I never had a signing day.
I never signed the document saying that I was going to be a Bruin. My commitment was over the phone late December of my senior year. I will never forget the moment when Coach I called my house and said two simple words..."Hey Bruin!" No pen, no document, no signing party...just word of mouth. I never had an official visit, I never took the picture on the football field, I never had a host. My unofficial was the bells and whistles, and just being on that campus was magical enough for me.

I commend the young athletes who are signing today. What a special moment for you all! Your hard work has paid off, YOU DESERVE IT!

But for the young girls at home, the seniors who are currently on their social media looking at pictures of their friends signing a document you "wish" you had, please don't be sad. Because timing is everything, and a document doesn’t mean that your opportunities are gone. There is a school for everyone, there is a program for you, and you don’t need a signing day to remind you of that.

So, from the girl who didn’t "sign," didn’t get the full ride, didn’t have an official visit...please don’t stop working. Because my degree from the number 1 ranked public university in the country doesn’t say whether I signed or not. Instead it shows the hard work, dedication, and commitment I had to prove everyone wrong. And I can't wait till you find a place to call home, I'm sure happy I did.

Sincerely, "The Walk-On"