Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter was offered from 2 schools listed above. She chose a school not on the list but still in top 30 for lacrosse. Strictly because not everyone financially is prepared for tuition and you have to look at the better financial offer and academic degree for your future! If your telling your daughters to select for lacrosse prestige its a huge disservice to them, unless they plan on teaching lacrosse for their career. My daughter looked at it like a job offer- some go where they are getting paid more! Coming out of college owing 100 grand is not smart for some girls. Top tier girls are being offered by these schools listed and choosing elsewhere. Don't rush to judge why some top girls are choosing wisely !

I'm pretty sure that Princeton, Penn, Duke, Northwestern, Hopkins, Notre Dame, Virginia etc... all have pretty good "Lacrosse Prestige" and that the majority of young women who graduate from those schools choose a career path other than Lacrosse. However, you seem a bit arrogant, do you feel there is something wrong with choosing a career involving something you love? Is teaching and coaching beneath you?

The top programs will make it very affordable for their top recruits. To each her own.

"Don't rush to judge why some top girls are choosing wisely !" You are obviously the one who is judging by implying that others have not chosen wisely if they choose to go to a Top Tier Program.

BTW, how do you define a Top 30 for lacrosse?