Originally Posted by Anonymous
we just joined empire and my son likes the team and coaches a lot. that's all i could ask for. love seeing him happy and wanting to go to practice. good luck and i hope all the kids/parents are happy for whoever they're playing for

I feel like I heard that Empire got some new coaches in the past couple years and that the team has gotten a lot better. I've only heard good things. My son tried out for them and was offered a spot, but we just went in a different direction. I'd recommend Empire.
Igloo will field a B team. And bring down kids from the A to serve double duty. A win for the kids playing both. A loss for the kids that are slated for B

Will it make the parents feel better who wrote the checks thinking they're playing on the A team? What happens when both team have tournament same days? I guess next you'll tell me there will be no conflicts because this was all planned out in advance, wink wink. I can't wait to see the post from Igloo bragging about winning B tournaments. At least they'll have something to brag about. #winning

In theory, great plan. But those A players, the ones who made the team are not going to be that anxious to play with the B team.

I don't think that's true. My son will play lacrosse with ANY team, any day, any time. There are a lot of kids like that.

There are some, but I have seen first hand a player choose to stand on the sideline of the A team vs going to play with the B team. I don’t agree with it, but it’s all mindset.

Your club team has to match your ability and college goals.

Before your family invests in a premium-level club, do your research, contact your high school coach and kids in the area who have gone on to play at the next level. Then ask yourself how committed you are to the game? A premium club team will ask for a lot of time and commitment, and you have to be ready for that.

You can also find a nice home at mid-tier club that might be a little more regional or local – not a non-competitive club, but just like college, a different level. That being said, club lacrosse is not bad! But do your homework and don’t just chase the helmet, which is a common mistake made by lacrosse players experiencing the recruiting process.