Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is generally the smallest kid on the field at every lacrosse game. He plays "up" at the 2027 level since he started playing club lacrosse at 8 years old. He plays with the same core group of kids on a mixed 2027-2028 team at A and sometimes AA level. Half of our 2027 team is 2028's and I personally know we have never had a single holdback on our squad. When we show up to some of these tourneys it is sickening to see how common it has become to have a team chock full of kids that have been held back or are just blatantly playing down. I know some kids grow faster then others but you should not have a team full of kids who all belong in guiness book of world records for their age/size. I think it would be a HUGE SUCCESS to have a tourney (other then WSYL) where teams or individual players can come and finally play against kids their own age with some simple age verification like we do here in Pa. for every other sport. I think a great place to start would be a tourney similar to the PLL/APEX event where players would be placed based on date of birth instead of the "Maryland grade system".

Yes!!!! And change the rules at the youth age levels. To AGE BASED