Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is by far my favorite thread on this site…”holdbacks” where the high and mighty purists of the age appropriate debate the morally bankrupt from the “reclassified”. I’ll fill you guys in on a little secret, this phenomenon is prevalent in many other sports, not just lax “Bro”. But I’ve never heard people itch and moan about it nearly as much as I do in this sport. I have 3 boys, all are 3 sport athletes so we see it everywhere, 2 of the 3 we held back in pre-K before we even knew what sports they’d play or even considered any advantage it would give them. Does that make me more or less of a laxer than a parent that holds a kid back in 5th or 6th grade? Either way it comes down to this, do it or don’t but know that no one cares about your ethics or justifications. Both arguments are not a good look and you most likely come off as a tremendous “wussy”

Name a few youth sports besides lacrosse that let you play down in age??? Even all Howard County HOCO sports leagues are age based except ....drum roll, HOCO Lacrosse , LOL

Lacrosse is at an epidemic level with holdbacks. At one time it was mainly a private school secret and only effected other private school playing each other. Coaches of all MIAA schools held their sons back as did many parents for various reasons. Frankly no one cared as youth lacrosse was aged based and private holdbacks/prefirst played their age.

The only " wussy " is people like you who want their children to get an advantage other children dont get that are born on same day as your children, Actually pretty sad.

Easy fix! Change the rules at the youth ages and the developing years of the athlete to age based! Give all the kids the same opportunity to develop “on age”. Where they go from there in HS…. Then so be it.