Originally Posted by Anonymous
Reading through these posts made me look at the current 2023 player rankings. I hope that I am wrong but does Inside Lacrosse develop their rankings solely by video submissions that you need to pay for? (https://www.insidelacrosse.com/page/getevaluated). If I am correct, I don't believe in any rankings at this point.

Yes, and pay to play events like Elite 8 and ID. They also look at where the girls have committed. The boys side does it much better. If you look at the IL website, you wouldn’t even know that girls play lacrosse based on the lack of attention they get.

No, that is not how IL comes up with player rankings. They watch the players play at the tournaments that the top teams are at was well as committed academy and UA underclass tournament. In the past, their Young Gun Senior Rankings (top 40) have been very good.

IL started years ago ranking the Top 30 then increased it to Top 40 and I believe for 1 year they did Top 50. It looks like they dropped it to 30 for the 2021's and to 20 for the 2022's. I do not believe that they have put out ranking for the 2023's. In the past, If a player did not play for a top club team at the top tournaments or if they did not play in the UA Underclass games it was obviously harder for IL to see them play. The rankings have been pretty good over the years.