Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s the only way CS and CR YJ can make the money they want to make. They partner with KP to get the fields in Maryland that they can’t get in NJ/NY and that teams won’t come to. You do realize they run every main tournament in the summer except midatlantic. Makes me wonder what will happen when they want to start charging $4000 a team and cut more corners. Monopolies mean no choices for consumers and that includes in youth sports.

Its supply and demand. Top clubs want smaller tourneys. We will see how this all plays out this year. However, if succesfull, I expect all the top MD teams except M&D to play in it.

Tourney website is up. Without a doubt, a better field than MId-atlantic -- at least at the A+ level. No way a top college recruiter chooses mid-atlantic over MD Cup.

All the top NE teams (YJ, CT Grizzlies, Steps, TG, Monster, HHH) playing with the best west coast (Steps CA), Rocky Mountain (Team 180) and Midwest (Team 1) clubs also attending.

More MD teams that i expected with MD United, TLC, Coppermine and Heros (27s only).

Only real weak programs are Coast and some of the anciliary YJ teams.

Can you hint at what the web site is so that it's not deleted by mods lol? I've googled it but can't seem to find it.