Originally Posted by Anonymous
Before 2025 tryouts, families should have decided what the end game is for continuing with club lacrosse. 5 to 7k all in for club, is a lot to ask if you're just hanging on for fun. If your son really wants to play in college, and as a parent most likely paying for that privilege, there is a college team for almost everyone. Very few from Long Island will ever play at large D1 program. Certainly smaller D1 programs, D2, D3 and MCLA are all options. The real question that families must honestly answer is exactly what you'll sacrifice just to play lacrosse in college (no judgements). The better club programs will give you some exposure, but quite frankly most of the legwork is the family realistically finding out where their player can and should play. Individual showcases, prospect days, letters, etc, all part of the process. You cannot let the college coaches phone call to your club coach be the deciding factor. Club coaches are human, play favorites, favor home towns.

Sounds like your son is not on a elite AA team. Nothing personal or fugaze. For my two older sons the elite AA teams successfully converted all of the above and more. Both played D1 and both were second line pole and mids until the end. Elite coaching and reps got them there. Both started on their high school due to elite club team. If you are not elite you are outside looking in. Measure elite by coaching, track record, and quality of practice.
Elite AA, what does that even mean? I call BS, but does their degree from Hartford just to play lacrosse really have Fortune 500 companies lining up to hire them after graduation. I guess you can all sit around talking about the glory days and NCC. #laxlife

Bet you are a snob from CT. Putting down NCC is something a snob does. No wonder your blaming others for your failure.