You mean big draw from the prints hoping said coach give their daughter an advantage when they make varsity, most 7th grade girls not know about the varsity coaches yet.

Btw who coaches the 2027 S2S teams?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’ve heard of some of the rumors with YJ and FLG. But what’s this about Liberty? I thought they had most of the Manhasset girls playing for them.

Parents creating an invite only 7v7 team, only the top girls playing all the time. Plenty of bench riders. They also do a lot of “optional” training at an added cost and time commitment. Hard when you play other sports. Strangely the bench riders aren’t the ones who left. They lost a few of their top players and replaced with girls that have never played travel
Lax before. Not big upgrades. Manhasset Varisty coach as well as the North Shore Varsity coach at Shore2Shore will starting pulling Manhasset and North Shore talent that way. Going to get interesting.

S2S is years away from being a legitimate girls club. Their teams are pretty much walk-ons.

I don’t know about years away. Look at what they did with the boys side. It started with 1 team and has exploded to multiple teams in each year. Their original team is starting to commit to very good schools. The 2027 girls team was terrible last year and somehow got enough girls to sign up for 2 teams (walk in or not) the Liberty B team lost a lot of girls and has Avery thin roster right now. S2S also has 2 teams at other ages for the girls. Impressive after 1 year. I am not saying I would join the team but I wouldn’t count them out so fast. Having varsity coaches from high schools is a big draw for some kids.