Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow to the parent of the kid with 4 offers! You must be exhausted from all those visits. It’s a LOT. But it must be a great problem to have. We are not in that boat!

Seems great, and we are truly blessed, but it’s very hard to decide on THE ONE! Pros and cons to all. I do believe a lot of spots will open up in about a month.

Maybe it is less stressful because you are visiting and you know it’s because they want her? That wasn’t our experience— my daughter got the calls, went to visit, but it felt more like an audition and not a courtship. It’s a shame but on our end I think we will probably take a step back. It’s just not sustainable.

I think you will find that some of the schools that had her visit, but didn't offer, will eventually start talking to her again. If they had her on an official visit, it most likely meant she was identified as a top recruit on their list, but they have a couple/few girls ranked ahead of her. If these girls commit elsewhere (some will, some won't) her value changes. I 100% know what you mean about the fatigue and feeling of audition. The coaches already know who they want before the girls arrive on campus, and I don't think (except in rare cases) that they change their minds during the visit. I know that on some of the visits my daughter went on, there were 5-8 girls. They also had 2 other visits. This means they potentially had 15 -20 girls on campus, but will likely recruit about 6-8. I also think that maybe 1-2 of those spots might be filled at camps and/or performance at the fall tournaments. It's a chess game, keep playing, and be smart!

As the parent of a 22, this post explaining the 15-20 girls on campus for 6-8 spots is an accurate assessment of how most schools work their campus visits. Coaches play the law of averages like the college admission process knowing that not all invited players will commit to their program. The hardest and most frustrating part in the recruiting process for my DD who did eventually commit, was having the coaches court her, invite her to all the zooms (visits weren’t an option) w the coaches and players, and than completely ghost her in the end without giving any feedback why. Even when she asked the coaches directly and wanted true feedback. I just figured the ghosting/no feedback gave her all the info she needed to decide that wasn’t the program she wanted to be a part of. In the beginning they courted her heavily and supposedly watched her for years so very confusing to a kid (& parent).