Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is myopic, only if you are self-centered and untrustworthy. Perhaps you don't understand because you live your entire life in this manner. Is this comprehensible to you now, or should I explain it otherwise?

Fool. Get over yourself and your self righteous nonsense.

Watching Notre Dame Vs Florida State football, ND Quarter Back originally verbally committed to Notre Dame to play lacrosse , he then switched to go play football at Wisconsin, he lost his starting Job when he was injured, he transferred to Notre Dame and is The ND Starting QB.

Yes, he definitely should have honored his original commitment. Give me a break.

This is not at all an example of what anyone here is talking about. First, he's a grad transfer - spent four years on roster at WI so how did he not honor his commitment? I don't know his intentions when he committed to UND for lax, but hard to hold it against someone for choosing a different sport with a full ride scholarship.

Don't make a commitment you don't intend to keep, or you hope not to keep. It's really that simple. There are valid reasons players decommit or transfer. Not a problem, sometimes happens, but players shouldn't commit to a program unless they have the best intentions to play there. Don't encourage your kids to commit when you plan to keep shopping around for something better. Besides, top programs are indeed recruiting top 2023s as of 9/1 and if your daughter is not hearing from those programs real soon, it most likely means you're not being realistic and using covid as an excuse.