Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are all wasting your time on this AA, A, B nonsense. Did any of you see the recent 2023 player rankings? 13 of top 16 kids were hold backs. Only 4 of top 50 from Long Island. Less than 10%. None if this matters anymore. Your kid better be a unicorn and older to go top D1.
2025 programs now trying to sell teams as recruiting services. Nobody but LILJ is ranking or looking at 2025's seriously. Gone are the days of team ball everyone has a look at me attitude. Transfers, the portal and holdbacks have done their damage. Your 18 year old senior will not be playing D1.

13 out of 16 are holdbacks? Wow, and you wonder why so much complaining about the holdback situation.

It’s real , and it’s an unfair advantage. LAX is Becoming a Sport for the kids who can afford privates and choose to stay back. SAd, and US Lacrosse should seriously take notice. Youth lacrosse should be “on age” . Don’t let the advantages start at youth level. Make it even playing fields, public or private for youth ages

In reality it’s 9 out of the 16 are holdbacks Still pretty bad!! The September-December kids are on age. Most states the cutoff is August 31 to enter school. NY for some reason is November 30. The September 03 kid is a 2022. Who is on age for his state. He is graduating HS then doing a prep year. I have no problem with that. He played 22 division his entire life. But I do agree with you that high end D1 lacrosse is becoming a rich mans sport. Between the cost of clubs, travel expenses. Individual showcases and now add in a year at a top prep school, you have to have the cash to compete.