Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have no problem with someone being held back and families need to do what is best for their children but it is an advantage. In my daughters age group girls are turning 13 in sept and October when some girls in their age group have just turned 11 in July and august. So they are almost 2 years older then three of their teammates. I have nothing against them and I don’t really complain but it annoys me that their parents say it’s no big deal. And while yes when they finally get to high school they will play against older girls at CLUB games/tournaments/camps is where the bulk of their recruiting will be done they will be one year up to 22-23 months older than some of their opponents.

Some of these holdbacks would be good anyway others they stagnate but it is definitely an advantage

Anyone on here arguing that is not either has a holdback child or a holdback player on their child’s team that is dominant

Age based is the only way to rectify it - like soccer, basketball, hockey etc

Agree with all you stated.

You describe your daughter being a 2028 (turning 11 in July August), that's an extreme end though. Youngest 2028s vs oldest holdbacks.
No doubt it does play a difference.