Originally Posted by Anonymous
"I’m hard pressed to think of a women’s lacrosse player being recruited that wouldn’t take Cathy Reese’s call. If they wouldn’t, they are the fool."

Not one girl at my daughter's school has ever wanted to play for Maryland. If they get their pick of college lacrosse opportunities they always go High Academic - Ivies, Duke, NW or Notre Dame - people in MD need to get out of their bubble. Cathy Reese is a great coach and the girls on the team seem like excellent kids, so good luck to them.

What a bunch of BS.

"Not one girl at my daughters school has ever wanted to play for Maryland" more nonsense...

"If they get their pick of college lacrosse opportunities they always go High Academic - Ivies, Duke, NW, Notre Dame"..... Yeah, okay.

Not even sure where to begin... Lets start with this: only Princeton and Penn can be mentioned in the same breath as Northwestern, Notre Dame and Duke when we are talking lacrosse. Any given year there are maybe 5 - 9 girls total from Long Island that commit to Northwestern, Notre Dame, Duke, Princeton or Penn. I'm sure they are not all from your daughters school. The odds are that your daughters school might produce Zero players most years that are offered opportunities at the schools mentioned, maybe 1 or 2 on a good year. So, where do they all go? Very doubtful that Maryland would even offer a spot to 1 girl if any in a given year from your daughters school.

Trying to diminish The University of Maryland and or the Terrapin Lacrosse Program simply makes you look foolish.

Why are you so mad? Pretty sure my daughter will get some very strong offers from top academic and top 20 lax schools. MD is not a top Choice. Average academic school who’s lax has declined. Just not the kind of school my daughter is interested in. You should be happy, more spots for your daughter! Would be a third tier for us, like a safety school.

For the most part, the best players will choose to go to Boston College, UNC, Maryland, Duke, Princeton, Syracuse, Florida, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Duke, Penn State, Stanford, USC, JMU, and maybe a few others (Stony Brook gets some top LI talent ). Certainly not all equal academically but all are excellent schools and the majority of the top players tend to find a home at one of them.

You remind of the type of people who say my daughter choose academics first, she went D III.

To each her own, not sure why people want to put people , programs or schools down.

LOL! Not putting any program down. Just saying it’s not the right fit for my daughter. She’s not majoring in lacrosse, even though she could if she wanted too. Luckily some girls have options. This is no accident. It’s due to sacrifice and hard work. Good luck to all!