Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"I’m hard pressed to think of a women’s lacrosse player being recruited that wouldn’t take Cathy Reese’s call. If they wouldn’t, they are the fool."

Not one girl at my daughter's school has ever wanted to play for Maryland. If they get their pick of college lacrosse opportunities they always go High Academic - Ivies, Duke, NW or Notre Dame - people in MD need to get out of their bubble. Cathy Reese is a great coach and the girls on the team seem like excellent kids, so good luck to them.

What about Stanford? Hopkins? Both higher than Duke and NW

I think some people are going to have a wake up call on September 1st. Do you hear yourselves, Do you think that it is easy to get an offer from Stanford, Hopkins, Penn, Princeton, Duke, Northwestern or Notre Dame. Transfer portal and the extra year of eligibility have made it even less likely. These schools bring in on average 8-9 players per year (most of those schools will now be replacing at least 1 incoming freshman with a Transfer), how many do they average each year from Long Island? I hope that your daughters have excellent grades and are considered to be one of the Top players on The Island because I doubt we will see more than 10 players from the Long Island Class of 23 commit to the schools listed above. They are all great schools with excellent lacrosse programs but the reality is that the majority of players will not be receiving offers from Programs / Schools of this caliber. There is a lot of opportunity for the girls, I would not be so quick to turn your nose up.