Originally Posted by Anonymous
This question is for anyone with prior recruiting experience. How do official visits work? Is that when a school usually make offers or do they make offers first and the official visit is more of a formality? Thanks in advance.

Both of my daughters had their offers given over the phone and actually did their official visits in their Sr year . I may be wrong but believe true official ( where everything can be paid for) visits can only be conducted in the Sr. Year.

Is there a time frame from the college coaches initial contact to when they actually make an offer? I'm sure some schools are slower then others when actually making an offer.

No, no time frame every situation is different. Coaches have their lists prioritized, they know who they want and they will tell them right away. Coaches do not beat around the bush with their top recruits. The reality is that “No Coach” gets all the players that they want. When a coach is willing to talk to your daughter or invite her on a visit but not willing to make an offer it is likely because the coach still thinks that they will get players that they have ranked higher than your daughter. The good news is that things can change rapidly once players start committing. When coaches don’t get the players they want they move down their list.
So, theoretically a player can go from not being offered a spot to being the coaches #1 recruit.