.[/quote]

Neighbors have 2 kids at Baltimore privates and the kids can’t go to Villanova or Delaware because too (relatively) expensive!!!! All that private to finally get to the finish line and can’t move ahead.[/quote]

1. LOL if they can afford anything above the 3 cheapest Catholic HS in Baltimore (I think Mercy, Curley, St. Joe) they can afford Delaware out of state. The true Baltimore privates cost the same as out-of-state tuition for UD.

2. If those kids were on (any) scholarship at those private HS and did not parlay that into college scholarships, then that's on the students, HS counselors, coaches, and parents to fail to make that happen. Having aims at a school like 'Nova is great but either over-perform in HS (to get funding) or "be rich." Those are the two pathways. Maybe it was never a realistic option for those kids. Honestly. I sure couldn't pay full freight at Villanova for my son.

3. No matter how many times you try to put Towson U in the same category as UMD (for lax or for educational value) the two are not the same. "What about the Severna Park kid who is playing at Towson?!" Do you know how many Severna Park kids are at Towson? A lot.