Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not to feed the pre-pubescent troll here, but every graduating class now has its own IG where the seniors chime in on where they are going to college/university.
I have been monitoring this for a few years as we wanted to see what kind of value we were getting for our own kids education.
Let me just say either I'm impressed by Dulaney and Towson High Schools and somewhat underwhelmed with Maryvale and NDP.
So many kids from these privates end up going to College Park and other safety/local/ not-too-far-away schools {Delaware?}. Not too many who go onto T-20 or even T-50 schools. No NW or UM or Chicagos'?

That is the non talked about truth at these private schools. Majority go to decent good colleges. UMD, Delaware, Loyola, etc. Of course some go onto IVY's , But not like it used to be. Gilman used to be a Princeton, Ivy powerhouse, not anymore.

If your child is brilliant and you can afford it,,,Private at Gilman, McD and a few more are worth it. Average student maybe even above average, if you are loaded , go private, if you are not loaded...save your money, you will get into same schools and much more money in your pocket at end.

Privates are not the same cache as before. Plus the Ivy's along with many top colleges have a huge list of diversity slots to give out along with the Asians killing it on SAT's.

Neighbors have 2 kids at Baltimore privates and the kids can’t go to Villanova or Delaware because too (relatively) expensive!!!! All that private to finally get to the finish line and can’t move ahead.