Originally Posted by Anonymous
Back to some recruiting questions. If your daughter is an excellent academic student and very good lacrosse player (starts and contributes every game on a top 10 team), how do do help her decide which type of school to go to. I’ve always been of the mindset that you go to the best academic school that wants you. However, Ivies can be extremely pricey if you don’t qualify for aid. On the other hand, other top ten schools like Stanford, Duke, Northwestern and Hopkins can give the athletic money which can be combined with other grants and scholarships. Also, most of the top schools probably wouldn’t compete for a National title, but in the big picture that might not be as important. UNC and BC are top 25 schools that could win a title, but those schools are not in the same league as Princeton and Stanford. Now obviously there needs to be offers, but I’m interested in others thoughts on this.

I have several friends whose kids graduated over the past couple years from college and have started their first jobs in the field of business.

Cornell grad starting salary 103K

Maryland 65K

Virginia 75K

Penn State 76K

Penn 95K

Now, there are many factors that are involved, such as alumni connection, quality of company, location of company (NYC salaries higher) Job responsibilities, etc. And obviously this is a small sample of people I know personally. Bottom line, is that 4 years of college goes fast. Choosing a school that will get you a good paying job with advancement opportunities is so important. Just something to consider. This website gives you a general idea:

https://www.payscale.com/college-sa.../2?orderBy=schoolName&ascending=true