Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How bad is the daddy coaching situation at YJ? Thinking of having my daughter try out but sounds like drama.
I've seen a lot of talk about the parent coaches on this team but I don't think they are the issue. The head coach, Grazadei, is not a parent coach, and quite honestly he is the issue. This team is very good and could be great if they had the right coach.

Is that what most of the team parents feel or a few disgruntled ones? What’s the big problem with his coaching style? Seems good coaching almost impossible to find for this age[/quote]
Of course the disgruntled ones(more than a few) but also from a few starters. His coaching style is too yell at the girls the whole game. Personally I think at this age they need to make mistake and learn from them. It's hard to think for yourself when he is screaming in your ear. Also if you want your daughter to get better don't expect to get it from his practices. There is way too much sitting around. FYI he will be more than happy to take your money to privately train your girl. Then you have his communication skills, the way he talks to the kids and parents is ridiculous. This is the YJ A team they will always be good, even if they had a parent coach who never played they would still be good. This is a special team and could be great, just need the right coach to take them to that level, and sorry it's not him.