Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will we see a lot of movement? Pre Covid not much movement at 9th grade. Is this the new norm going forward? Maybe a club should lead the way with blunt honesty and rank their own position players by rank. Are you the last defender or middle? Just tell each girl their rank and not the whole list. This would give girls/ families reassurance or the impetus to tryout elsewhere. My prediction is that tryouts will really benefit M&D, sneaky going first. Huge advantage. At this age player base in the area knows a lot about each other and teams. Coppermine, Hoco, Integrity, MC elite, MD united, and even Redshirts should be getting in on trying to get players from the big 3 especially from their b teams where there is some talent. Time will tell. Default would be status quo big 3 accumulate even more talent. That next tier of clubs should give it a shot and not go quitely into the fall.

I feel like you can probably figure out where your kid is in the pecking order over the course of the season.

I could probably rank all the girls 1-22 and get darn close to what the coaches think.