Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was not a believer in the AS, until I saw the Highlight roster. I believe that AS has the backing of the college coaching association, and coaches will be present at the AS games, and not so present at the UA games. AS is the way to go, but they too have to fix some issues.

With Long Island having 2 teams for each age group for AS, I would say they have a lot of issues to fix. 83 Yellow Jackets represented on those teams. CR basically moved her club to the AS. That's a lot of $$

Listen if your worried about looks from coaches by the time these 2 tournaments come around, you’re living on another planet. This begs the question- Are these tournaments even relevant anymore?
The coaches have been out looking all summer.
They are only really getting second looks at this point.

This past weekend there weren’t as many coaches at the G8 as there were at Champions Cup. Didn’t anyone else notice? We are top bracket so we noticed.

What you fail to realize is that this is another opportunity to be seen by coaches that most girls will not be able to experience. It's all about looks, and the more chances you get the better. Maybe your daughter did ok at Championship Cup, but crushes it at UA or AS and changes a coaches mind.