Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does IL do their numbers ranking system for recruits?

They watch the players play, primarily at Top Tier Club Tournaments, Under Armour Underclass, Committed Academy....

Halley Quillinan Griggs is the Women's director at IL and as far as I know has been the lead on Inside Lacrosse Recruit Rankings and also must play a significant role in Under Armour Senior All-American Girls selections (Over the years, if a player was ranked in Top 40 of the IL Senior Young Guns list they almost always were selected to the Under Armour Senior All-American Game.

I

At one time IL ranked the Top 30, I believe they then bumped it up to 40 for classes of 2017 & 2018 and bumped it up to the Top 50 for the 2019 & 2020 classes. It looks like the have dialed it back to Top 30 for the 2021’s and currently only rank 20 for the 2022’s.

The rankings are not perfect but all in all Inside Lacrosse has done an excellent job over the years.

As stated above, the rankings are primarily based off of Club / Summer performance. Just like the college coaches, IL wants to watch players in a competitive environment, they want to see how players compete vs the best competition.