Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA is all about who you know and who knows you. They have good talent, but not the best from top to bottom. I just looked at the AS roster. 2023 is talented, but what happened to the 2022’s, only about 15 players selected and a third are TLC. Must not have been a large 2022 attendee pool.
There were 22's that actually got cut from AS

You somewhat made my point. The 2022 roster is weak. There are players on that roster that have not been recruited or committed. In my opinion, the talent did not tryout.

That is correct. Wait till next year to see if the 23 team returns or jumps over to under armour. 23 and below best players chose American select. Fact !

It depends on the regions which is why it's such a shame that they started this event and scheduled it on the same weekend as UA. It will create 2 watered down events. The SW director is coaching the 2023 AS team so of course they have a lot of the SW girls. The M&D 2024 coach is coaching the 2024 AS team so of course they have a bunch of M&D girls there. In other regions you have the better girls going to UA. The coaches/club directors are determining where girls are trying out because kids think they have a better chance making the team with their coach there.

I think you are wrong. Coaches never told girls where to go. Maybe by their presence influenced their decision to try. Also coaches had no input on teams. And most of the 23 sw made the UA team with an NDP coach and 2 mnd coaches that didn’t coach 23 age group. Try again with another excuse.