Originally Posted by Anonymous
It was so hot and I felt bad for the girls. DK is a coach, so I saw some Redshirt players selected in the call back group, as expected. On another note, I looked at the American Select 2022 team. All I can say is, Wow! Quite a few TLC players selected.
Some of those girls that are playing for AS, played in the UA in the past. Hoping AS takes off and proves the UA to be a joke that it has become.

I would think that most players have a goal of playing in the Under Armour Senior All American game. You may as well just remove your name from consideration if you choose to go play for American Select
Senior game is still a joke. How does a player not make it on the Senior game but has played in every UA game? How does someone make the Senior game that has not played in the all the UA games? I know - she played in the SPSG championship game, therefore that qualified her? It's all a joke. There are 3 local 22's that are guaranteed a spot on the Senior game, and everyone can name them.

That's absurd. Just because someone chose not to tryout for UA they shouldn't be considered to be one of the top 44 players in the class? Obviously you are talking about the SPSG goalie and I don't think there is anyone that knows the 2021 goalies that wouldn't agree that she is one of the best in the class. She has been incredible in her 2 full years at SPSG and was very good for SW all those years who were one of the best club teams in the class. There is no way she is not one of the top 4 goalies in the 2021 class. And on the flip side how does making UA Underclass every year guarantee you a spot on the senior team? You realize there are hundreds of girls that make UA Underclass every year? Inside Lacrosse and college coaches choose the Senior Team. It is a completely different thing than Underclass. Not everyone that makes Underclass 2 or 3 times can make the Senior Team. You read constantly on here about how the UA Underclass tryouts are flawed and political and then you have people saying that it should be what determines who makes the Senior Team. If you look historically at the UA Senior Teams they do a pretty good job of identifying the top players.

I know kids from across the country that didn’t tryout for UA, because they know it is not fair and open competition. They are arguably some of the best players in the 2022 class. Just because they didn’t tryout doesn’t mean that they won’t get selected for the UA Senior game.