Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Watching the YJ and TG game drew a lot of college coaches who watched the top talent on Long Island compete. They weren’t concerned about the score. They wanted to see the girls compete and great talent on the field. Some girls really shined.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that college coaches don’t care about the score. They are watching individual players. They are also watching the players parents. So when you’re on the sideline screaming at your kid, please know we see you too and you may be the reason your kid doesn’t get a call. Best bet is BE QUIET and enjoy the game!

Who was screaming? I though the parents were very respectful on my end. I think the point is that the YJ Thorn team has been claiming how great they were for years, they even merged with two other teams to get better. Their best player is a former igloo player. We all know that none of this matter in terms of recruiting, it's just that the YJ '23 group needs to give it a rest and admit they can't compete with TG'23, the he best team on LI in this age group. Was nice to finally see this put to rest this weekend.

I’m not saying you or anyone specific to this particular TG v YJ game was screaming. Generally speaking, if anyone involved in travel lacrosse wants their kid to be recruited I suggest you read my post above. As I read a lot of the immature comments and hear out of control parents on the sidelines I’m reminded of SEVERAL talented players that have been passed on because of their parents actions. You never know who’s watching at these tournaments. Take it or leave it...your choice

Back of the Cage