Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many teams are letting seniors play in the high school playoff next week? Word is SPSG has their committed kids playing.

There are committed girls playing for every team. It's a HS championship tournament.

What about graduated seniors ?

There are graduated seniors playing for Bryn Mawr, Spalding, SPSG, Stone Ridge, Archbishop Carroll for sure and I'm sure there are others. All players on teams were eligible to play in the tournament. If seniors aren't playing that is a choice each team made. And if teams don't have committed girls playing that was also a choice or maybe the team just doesn't have any.

My daughter plays for one of the teams listed and this just isn’t true.

Well you're mistaken because every one of those teams listed has at least one senior playing. Spalding, SPSG, Stone Ridge and ABC each have around 5. BM has less but there are seniors registered on the team. Maybe after losing all of last season and having a strange season this year the team wants to play together one last time. There was a similar event last year run by Corrigan where McD played SPSG in the championship and seniors played in that. MD and NY high schools are just finishing their seasons. If this event was in July or August I doubt the seniors would be playing.