Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parents have been complaining about UA Underclass Tryouts on Long Island for years (as well as club tryouts, School Girls etc...). To me, the large majority of complaining comes from delusional parents who refuse accept that their daughter is not as strong as they (the parents) believe her to be. Looking at the selections for the Highlight Division and also the selections for The Long Island Team (back when there was only one team, just how many times did the evaluators / coaches get it wrong? Seriously, how many girls each year do you think “were deserving “ that didn’t make the team? They select 24 players, how many other players are at that level at the time of the tryouts? How many “ high end” “top tier” “Legit” or whatever you want to call it players are actually on The Island who do not make the team? I realize that last year was odd having parents coach but these complaints about politics and the like have been going on for years. So again, if you believe the tryouts have not been fair, please tell us how many “deserving players” there are each year who do not make the team. It is an honest question, I am just curious to know what you think.

Facts