Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes it does happen everywhere. Look at UM. And look where UM has been in the standings the past several years. It doesn’t work anymore. Too much talent out there now. The kids entering college in the 21 & 22 class started playing club in elementary school. There are more high level clubs out there now too. Look at how M&D has struggled in their brackets in the younger divisions. Even the 22 class is losing more games than previous M&D classes and not just to other high level MD clubs. More talent is being dispersed amongst more clubs, high schools and states. Maryland and Long Island no longer are the only talent pool for high level D1 lacrosse. That’s a great thing for the sport but the IAAM coaching (& UM for that matter) has not kept up with the fast acceleration of the talent pool. That is why you see more girls being recruited from areas like Georgia, Colorado and the west coast. And contrary to your belief I am not an SPSG parent and my daughter is not going D3 (not that there is anything wrong with that either). Any kid recruited to play college lacrosse should be proud of their accomplishment. Now more than ever. Most kids who were recruited D1 4 years ago would struggle to get recruited at the same level today. I am just surprised at the kids I see standing on the sidelines from many teams in the IAAM. These are super talented players I know well from years of club lacrosse. I know their work ethic and their skill level. I’m sure they are working just as hard at their high school practices too. Many times they are not from the right club in the coach’s eyes. And so many coaches aren’t accessing all of their talent because they have never had this much pressure to use their skills as a coach. I see so many coaches running a handful of middies into the ground while an efficient use of subbing could mean the difference between them losing the game or winning. Their middies get tired. Even the best conditioned players get tired playing an entire game at this level. A quick sub with a talented player won’t kill their chances of winning the game. Just thought there would be better coaches at this level.
☝🏻

M&D struggles in the younger grades? Every team is in first or second place in the NGLL. I don’t call that struggling.