[quote=Anonymous]I have to agree. I am not a McD parent but every kid I know that has trained or played for TC has said that she is not a nice person. I’m surprised at the lack of “positive coaching” I’ve seen throughout the entire IAAM with women’s lacrosse. There are some excellent role models like MG but there are many terrible ones too. A high school conference at this level nationally for women’s lacrosse that promotes their “Positive Coaching Alliance” should do a better job of training and holding the AD’s accountable for hiring better role models as coaches. I’ve seen so many coaches in this league play the same players every game while talented girls stand on the sidelines. Club Lacrosse politics get in the way of excellent high school coaching. High school HCs should be prevented from having recruiting director and HC positions in area club lacrosse programs. That would be a start. Too many coaches making decisions for their own benefit. TC should be prevented from making money on personal training while she is the McD HC. Parents fill her personal pocket in the hopes it will translate to a roster spot on McD’s team. Than they are surprised and disappointed when it doesn’t work out. TC cares about one person....TC. Not McD, not M&D, and definitely not your daughter. Sad to say there a few additional IAAM coaches that are the same as TC. The IAAM really needs to set some guidelines around this. It will only get worse as the sport grows and the number of clubs that compete for the same pool of talent.

The coaches want the best kids regardless of club. Those club ties help the schools bring in kids. MG used it the best. As for the comment about lots of talent standing on sideline , well that happens everywhere. Playing time is usually earned by what that coach sees at practice. Some are better than others for sure but the cry of politics is usually made by a parent of a player that’s not good enough. I’m willing to bet more than half the reason kids at these schools is lax only. Save the money , stay in public and play the whole time and great players will still get recruited thru club. My bet is a D1 player is ahead of your d3 daughter and you think she deserves more play time.