Originally Posted by Anonymous
MG is vested in her team and worked with them all winter. Once her daughter becomes a starter at USC will she have that same level of dedication? I don’t know. She’s a great coach and her daughter will do well in college.

TC does the bare minimum in coaching high school. She strives to expand the sport and be the face of women’s lacrosse. She has other priorities and mcd only gets a fraction her attention during the in-season. February to May. She’s made zero effort to grow the team with upcoming players. Anyone who is considering attending Mcd should be aware of this problem.

When she eventually steps down to pursue other career opportunities the program will be in shambles. After next year there will be no goalie. I just hope the next coach has actual coaching experience and isn’t the child of a board member.

MG isn't the first coach to have a child go to college. If you know MG you know that her life revolves around lacrosse. If she's coaching the will be 110% dedicated to it. If anything, her daughter being at USC may mean she's more available to the kids here. She's not going to be flying out the the west coast 2-3 times a week to watch her play. If her daughter was at a local school I would think that would take more time away from SPSG. The fact that she is getting more involved with M&D 2026 should tell you all you need to know. She's not planning on going anywhere and she took that job to start working on the 2026 class to come to SPSG and continue what she's built there. They didn't win Saturday by luck. She's put a ton of work into bringing kids into SPSG the last 5 years. She's not satisfied with just one banner.

I agree with everything you’ve written about MG. She earned this win. I have never read a single compliment about TC being a great coach. The 22 class is the last group from CR. After that it all is TCs effort ( or lack thereof).
CR was gone b4 the 22 class started

But he recruited them.

TC is just the glaring example of not all great players - especially those that are so naturally gifted in the sport - are great coaches. Many can be if they put in the effort but it does not appear she is willing.