Originally Posted by HP2008
Unfortunately coaching is not an option. I put in a request to coach, but the staff was already "picked out". I do coach another sport in town and know a lot of families in the community, so I was kind of surprised my help was not wanted. Anyway, 99% chance I won't pull my son out. I will likely keep him in just based off the MS and HS stuff. Just wondering if this a thing now. I do notice that the better teams are made of guys that all play on the same club team, coached by some of the club coaches. The less competitive teams don't have any of that. The families I know only doing club have more or less a similar situation with their town teams not being competitive.

I would keep him in PAL. My kids are now in High School and play club ball and they still like to go watch PAL lax in our town because they have fond memories of playing with their friends. Remember only 2% of high school athletes go onto play in college so for most kids the memories of playing with friends are all they will have.