Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great FB post about the St Pauls fans. Someone please share the link.

The FB post is a total fabrication of what happened by a delusional person. She took a couple people disagreeing with an officials call as somehow insulting the St Mary’s team or any of their players. The SPSG fans thought she was joking around because when she turned around and engaged with them what she was saying was so ridiculous. No one said anything remotely disparaging about st Mary’s. What was being said by the SPSG parents was directed towards an official about a bad call which happened at every game with every team. The fact she chose the be triggered and somehow offended is absurd.
Copy and pasted:
I don’t normally share this type of criticism or get involved in this type of situation. However, I’m saddened and shocked to share about a girls lacrosse game today... a very talented St. Paul’s Girls team hosted St. Marys high school in a semi finals game... the Saints were not expected to win as we already lost in regular season by a large deficit, but nonetheless we were seeded to play them again.. The game was 1-1 and then quickly turned to 9-1.... St. Paul’s in the lead, all the while listening to parents and coaches complaining left and right about players, checks, calls, and making fun of the Saints team and their efforts. As the score kept rising, the ranting kept coming. I finally turned around and told the St. Paul’s parents that we are both Catholic schools and we should be positive and nice... he was quick to remind me they were Christian not Catholic, I then said in a year or 2 these girls maybe on the same team in college and we could be cheering on the same side, he assured me, no, not my daughter, she won’t be on the same team as these players... a few women on the side were laughing at me... I then said- your team is winning by 9, please allow our girls to have some dignity, laughing continued. I had to walk away because I couldn’t believe parents would behave so poorly. This is the 2nd game I witnessed this school act this way. I witnessed this behavior call after call as we are losing 16-2... I am so proud of the Saints team how they lost with sportsmanship and dignity. Unfortunately I witnessed the worst unsportsmanlike win ever in the St. Paul’s team, coaches and parents. After all that these kids have gone through this year, I would have hoped that winning wasn’t the only thing that mattered... truly breaks my heart.
Making that statement on an anonymous forum, I would question the recollection of the event. Making that statement on a personal social media page holds a little more weight. So which is it, truth or fabrication? I am a parent of a player who lost big to them as well. They did not act like that at our game.