Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great coaching is getting the most out of the players you have. Your players getting better. Your players learning the game. Saying they lost, means you know nothing about sports.

They lost. I know sports are judged by winning and losing. I’m told that winning means you are better.

The point is winning doesn't mean much today. (great looking "WSYL qualifier" caps BTW) Losing games today but learning to play the right way will help when it actually matters. And then these kids will get better education, so they will know that sports aren't always judged by the final score.

I’m still picking up this sports thing, so glad for your help. But I think after some research that winning matters (just a little) and winning teams are often determined by who scores the most. Research from MIT and Princeton also shows that players on winning teams often are recognized as “winners”. Additionally “winners” typically get more opportunities for a better education than the valiant, non winners.

One last thing that I have learned is that the final score is usually very important. Just saying.

Your kid could be a winner today, because he had the biggest kids on his team (or whatever the edge is) when it makes absolutely no difference. I'd rather my kid be a winner 3 years from now because he had better coaching. Just saying.