Not sure if she was on the sidelines Friday. I’m sure she will be out the rest of this season. A doctor will not clear a player for full contact play in 2-3 weeks even w a mild concussion if they are following protocol, especially if any priors. Not to bash a specific player but if she was as good as touted, than why does the coach dad have to be so involved and make sure all plays run through her? And why is TC having all plays run through her. Plenty of super talented girls on that team. Great players make even better TEAMmates. It’s not her fault. Her Dad has set this up. He should have more confidence in her abilities and let her shine on her own. I know she would still be a great player. Just detest that her teammates are sacrificed on her behalf - both in club and high school. And who runs McD’s Twitter anyway!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
If TC wants to be a good coach, she needs to keep parents and politics out of the equation. I will never understand how a certain parent of a certain player at McD always needs to insert himself to control all aspects around his daughter. I’m sure he will somehow get involved at UM. Is it ironic a certain player was “out” of the GCS game when playing the team being coached by that player’s future college coach’s husband? I think not. This was on purpose. Player’s Dad knew they were going to lose and wanted to protect daughter. Make it look like her absence was the reason and that she is that important. He’s been running the show since grade school and everyone else on her “teams” are incidental. The fact she is the #1 2022 recruit and plastered all over the magazines is a joke. He’s playing everyone. I would not want my daughter to be her “teammate” at Maryland either. TC is just figuring out her first big coaching mistake. Hopefully this will be a lesson for CR too or else UMD will continue to lose their domination on the college scene as well. Too much talent out there now. The days of McD and UM dominating are well over and will never return. The key is “Team”. I see so many coaches in the IAAM coach like CR and not use their bench. The key to building a great team is building a deep bench and successfully subbing ALL of these players. Middies who run the entire game eventually burn out and get injured. Subbing is such a key factor that can be the difference maker. I’ve seen so many IAAM teams lose games this season by a few goals cause they didn’t effectively sub. And I’ve seen so many talented girls just standing on the sideline while the coach let it happen - usually due to club/parent politics.

Interesting article in the Sun yesterday with quotes from Mac Ford that McD has lost their "aura of invincibility" and this loss will lead to more losses. Surprising coming from a coach of a team that has to play McD next week.

In my opinion when the Robinson brothers left McDonogh the "aura of invincibility" left. That may start some vitriol on this board but I went back and looked at the archives on the IAAM website after the McDonogh loss to SPSG. To go 190 straight games undefeated and win nine consecutive IAAM championships with the very difficult IAAM and out of conference schedule they played was beyond impressive. I am sure Taylor will be a great coach but that is a really tough act to follow.
This is really stretching. Sorry! I do question her being at the game if she suffered a concussion 2 days prior? Was she there? It’s a legality issue if she was on the sidelines w/ a head injury! They lost. They lost 2 games. She was at the one & they still lost.